Saturdads is a group for Dads and other male carers of children who have special educational needs or disabilities.
The group meets monthly and is based at Springboard Opportunity Group in Chippenham.
The aims of Saturdads are:
- To provide a social setting for Dads and male carers and their children in a familiar and safe environment;
- For Dads/carers to share knowledge and gain support from each other;
- For families to make use of Springboard’s specialist resources;
- For the children to have an opportunity to share their play and learning experiences with Dad/carers.
The group meets from 9.30-11.30am on a Saturday at Springboard. Activities include painting and other messy play and Dads/Carers can use the centre’s quiet spaces, sensory room, garden and play areas.
If you would like to come and join our Saturday morning fun sessions with your children,
Saturdates for the upcoming year are as follows,
- 15th December 2018 – Christmas Event
- 12th January 2019
- 9th February 2019
- 16th March 2019
- 27th April 2019
- 18th May 2019
- 15th June 2019
- 13th July 2019
- 10th August 2019
The session is supported by grants from Chippenham Borough Lands and the True Colours Trust Fund which keeps the costs down to a contribution of £1 per session.
If you would like further information about Saturdads please contact us.