‘Friends’ of Springboard FUNdraise for items/ Sessions which Springboard the ‘Charity’ provide.
This year our fundraising target is a staggering £102,000 to continue to provide the services below:-
- Non Statutory sessions– Springboard provide 4 independent sessions (where children over the age of two attend a 2.5 hour session without their parents)
- Stay and play sessions– Springboard provide 2 stay and play sessions for our under 2’s
- Saturdads – meet once a month, this is a group for dads or grandads to come along with their children. This provides an opportunity for Dad to benefit from attending Springboard, the children are used to a familiar environment and their siblings are welcome to come along too!
- Playdates– are stay and play sessions in the holidays for past and present Springboard children and their families.
- Holiday Independent Sessions– (Non-term time days for children over 3 to attend without their parents).
- Transport– can sometimes be provided for families without transport. This can be by refunding bus fares or helping to fund a taxi.
- Higher staff ratios to enable staff to provide the support families and children require
- Assessment sessions – In order to minimise a waiting list, six week assessment placements are offered to families. After assessing a place at Springboard may be offered if appropriate or alternatively support additional given to the mainstream setting,
- Workshops – Springboard deliver Pictures are Powerful (PAP), Introduction to Sign and Makaton beginner’s workshops to parents and settings.
Without fundraising and grants these additional services would not be able to be provided.
We are grateful for all the support received to date. We only need to raise £32,836 before the end of March 2018 to reach our target. As they say every little helps!
Springboard does receive some funding from Wiltshire Council and this funds 5 x 2.5 hour Independent Sessions. These sessions are for children over the age of two and they access the sessions without their parents.
How can I help?
Get sweaty for Springboard! Run, walk, swim or maybe you are an adrenaline junky and want to do something more extreme! Whatever your challenge, would you or your friends or work colleagues consider taking part for Springboard and help raise vital funds for our cause?
Go shopping – it’s an order! Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday– you could be raising a free donation for us. There are nearly 3000 retailers on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Sainsbury’s – it doesn’t cost you an extra penny. Click on the link and sign up for free! https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/springboardchippenham/
Volunteer –We always need help with the garden and general maintenance. We are also on the look out for volunteer drivers and playroom helpers. Please get in touch if you can help.
Collection Pots- Could you have a Springboard collection pot in your home or in a prominent position in your place of work?
Corporate connections- Do you work for a company or have connections to a local business? There are several potential ways businesses can help Springboard:
- provide prizes for raffles.
- nominate us to be your company ‘Charity of the Year’.
- offer a helping hand with some of our bigger projects as part of a community day activity.
- be our uniform sponsor – for the staff or children’s uniform.
- provide ‘Matched Funding’ for employees raising money for Springboard