Fundraising Target £102,000
We would like to extend a huge thank you to all our fantastic volunteers and fundraisers for all the hard work they have put into helping us meet our annual fundraising target.
This financial year we need to raise a staggering £102,000 to meet the shortfall in our funding.
We are hoping to raise £60k of this amount through grant applications however this still leaves an ambitious £40k to generate through fundraising and donations.
We have lots of exciting things in the pipeline but we are going to need your help to ensure we can keep providing support to our children and to continue to keep providing our unique service which makes such a difference to the families of Springboard.
So what does the £102,000 pay for?
- Independent sessions- Springboard the Charity funds four, 2.5 hour independent sessions a week, this is on top of the 5 independent sessions that Wiltshire Council funds. Having the extra sessions gives our families a greater choice with regards to the day(s) they can attend and we can also offer much needed additional hours to our families.
- Higher staff ratios to enable staff to provide the support families and children require for care and learning.
- Stay and play session for 0-2s (Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon groups). No funding is received at all for this service.
- Assessment sessions – In order to reduce waiting list times for new referrals received, Springboard can offer a six week assessment placement for families. After completing an assessment session, a place at Springboard may be offered if appropriate or alternatively additional support can be given to the childs mainstream setting.
- Saturdads – this is a group for dads, grandads or carers to come along to with their children. The group provides an opportunity for Dad to benefit from attending Springboard, the children are used to a familiar environment and their siblings are welcome to come along too!
- Playdates- are stay and play sessions in the holidays for past and present Springboard children and their families.
- Transport- can sometimes be provided for families without access to a car. This can be by refunding bus fares, using our volunteer driver or taxis.
- Workshops – Springboard deliver Pictures are Powerful (PAP), Introduction to Sign and Makaton beginner’s workshops to parents and settings.
What happens if we don’t raise the money?
Without the fundraising and grants in place these additional services could not be provided. In short we would not be able to reach all the children and families that need our help.
How can you help….
Organise an event for us
Could you hold a coffee morning, or run quiz night? How about organising a 5-a-side football match, raffle, cake sale or mufti day? If you have an idea please speak to one of the team, we will support you in setting up and advertising the event in any way we can.
Do a sponsored event for Springboard
This year alone we’ve had people running half and full marathons, swimming lakes, jumping out of aeroplanes all to raise sponsorship money for Springboard. We can help you set up a fundraising page and publisise your event, we also have lots of useful fundraising kit such as stickers, sponsorship forms, branded running vests etc.
Go shopping – it’s an order!
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising a free donation for us. There are nearly 3000 retailers signed onto the Easy Fundraising scheme ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Sainsbury’s – it doesn’t cost you an extra penny. Head to www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/springboardchippenham/ and sign up for free.
We always need help with the garden and general maintenance. We are also on the look out for volunteer drivers and playroom helpers. Please get in touch if you can help.
Could you have a Springboard collection pot in your home or in a prominent position in your place of work?
Do you work for a company or have connections to a local business? There are several potential ways businesses can help Springboard:
- You could provide prizes for raffles.
- You could nominate us to be your company ‘Charity of the Year’.
- Your team could offer a helping hand with some of our bigger projects as part of a community day activity.
- Your company could be our uniform sponsor – for the staff or children’s uniform.
- You could provide ‘Matched Funding’ for employees raising money for Springboard.