2020 Groups and Sessions Timetable
At Springboard we run several sessions to meet the differing needs of our children:
Rabbits Group (under 2’s)
The Rabbits stay and play session is led by Linda Turck (Deputy Manager and Senco) for Springboard in conjunction with regular team members.
The priorities of this session are to support children under 2 and their families. We also support children who are 2 years old and newly assessed or diagnosed with delay.
The sessions offer opportunities for:
- younger children to gain play experience in a larger group, outdoors and indoors with the comfort and support of their parents/carers.
- For parents/carers of younger children to access support from professionals and each other.
- For families to benefit from the group play experiences which involves the use of specialist resources.
Many children start in this session and then progress to independent sessions at Springboard and/or at a mainstream setting. Additional support can be accessed if your child needs ongoing support in a mainstream setting. This will be discussed and planned for with you and all relevant parties.
Independent Sessions (from 2yrs )
Children generally attend a Springboard independent session alongside mainstream provision, this forms part of the child’s free entitlement at either 2 or 3 years of age. Children attend Independent Sessions without their parent or carer. At the session we aim to deliver a rich and varied range of activities to meet the interests and needs of the children. As an early years setting we deliver our care and learning for the children through the early years foundation stage (EYFS) which covers the following areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development: Making relationships, self-confidence and self-awareness, managing feelings and behaviour
- Communication and Language: Listening and attention, speaking,
- Physical Development: Moving and handling, health and self-care
- Literacy: Reading, writing
- Mathematics: Numbers, shape, space and measure
- Understanding the world, People and communities, the world, technology
- Expressive arts and design: Exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative
Saturdads is a group for Dads and other male carers of children who have special educational needs or disabilities.
The group meets monthly and is based at Springboard in Chippenham.
The aims of Saturdads are:
- To provide a social setting for Dads and male carers and their children in a familiar and safe environment;
- For Dads/carers to share knowledge and gain support from each other;
- For families to make use of Springboard’s specialist resources;
- For the children to have an opportunity to share their play and learning experiences with Dad/carers.
The group meets from 9.30-11.30am on a Saturday at Springboard. Activities include painting and other messy play and Dads/Carers can use the centre’s quiet spaces, sensory room, garden and play areas.
We continue to be grateful to Children in Need and Chippenham Borough Lands for their generous support with our Rabbit sessions , and to Chippenham Borough Lands for their vital support of Saturdads . Their help enables us to extend the provision made through our service level agreement with Wiltshire Council.
Some of the children move into independent sessions and this is why additional funds need to be raised in order that we can offer this individualised approach.
Please click on the link below for Springboards weekly timetable.
Saturdad dates can be found on our ‘Events’ page. Please use the link below.