Pictures Are Powerful (online course)
When and where?
SOLD OUT – dates for future courses will be released in the New Year
This 2-hour workshop will give you a practical, hands-on introduction to how visual systems help young children learn routines and develop their communication skills.
The aims of this workshop are to:
- discuss the function of symbols and how they support communication
- increase the understanding of how to use Visual Timetables and Picture Cards
- give an overview of the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- demonstrate the implementation of visual systems
- describe how TEACCH is used as a teaching tool in a setting
This is a virtual workshop delivered through ZOOM.
Facilitators: Sarah Martin and Sarah Edes
Both Sarah and Sarah are trained on the delivery of PECS and are experienced in supporting young children with special educational needs and disabilities.