Saturdads is a group for Dads and other male carers of children who have special educational needs or disabilities.
The group meets monthly and is based at Springboard Opportunity Group in Chippenham.
The aims of Saturdads are:
- To provide a social setting for Dads and male carers and their children in a familiar and safe environment;
- For Dads/carers to share knowledge and gain support from each other;
- For families to make use of Springboard’s specialist resources;
- For the children to have an opportunity to share their play and learning experiences with Dad/carers.
Activities usually include painting and other messy play and Dads/Carers can use the centre’s quiet spaces, sensory room, garden and play areas.
At the moment (due to COVID-19) the group will be meeting online from 9.30-11.30am on a Saturday on the dates listed below.
- September 12 2020
- October 10 2020
- November 7 2020
- December 12 2020 (Festive Family Online Playdate)
- January 9 2021
- February 6 2021
- March 13 2021
- April 23 2021
- May 8 2021
- June 12 2021
- July 10 2021
- August 7 2021
The Saturdads sessions are supported by grants from Chippenham Borough Lands.
If you would like further information about Saturdads and the online sessions please contact the Springboard office on firstname.lastname@example.org