Many of the children who attend Springboard will go on to attend local schools and clubs so Springboard welcomes partnerships with these organisations and other community groups in North Wiltshire.
Springboard is a charity and we need to raise £130K this year to remain operational so we are always grateful when local people get together to fundraise for children supported by Springboard in their community.
Suggestions for fundraising ideas in schools:
- Mufti days- ‘go red or blue for Springboard’ wear something red or blue (our colours) in return for a donation
- Join in with one of our organised events
- Host a cake sale
- Ice cream or lolly sale
- Collect copper coins and make a Penny Snake
- Organise a sponsored event like a pancake race, skip-a-thon, dance-a-thon (we can provide you with a sponsorship form template)
Ways in which we can support you:
- We can offer work experience placements
- We can run communication workshops (Makaton and Visual Systems e.g. PECS) that are open to parents and staff. These support the techniques and methods we use with the children at Springboard and help the attendees support the children in the home or mainstream environments.
- A speaker from Springboard, or our mascot Bouncy might be able to appear at an assembly, to help with inclusion and diversity topics.
If you’d like to discuss how your school or group can get involved with fundraising for Springboard we’d love to hear from you! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01249 657145.