Safeguarding children is at the heart of everything we do at Springboard. We are deeply committed to taking a multi-agency approach to meet the SEN/D needs of children aged 0-5 in North Wiltshire. This includes safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All Springboard staff are expected to undergo child protection screening including references from previous organisations and an enhanced DBS check.
Our full safeguarding policy can be viewed in the policy section of our website.
Springboard Opportunity Group provides a high quality care and learning environment for young children with additional needs and their families.
This is achieved by
- Valuing all children as unique
- Working in partnership with parents and professionals to provide timely and appropriate support
- Ensuring that the children access enriched and individualised learning experiences through play
- Developing a professionally committed workforce that continues to meet the needs of the children and families
- Creating a sustainable and cost –effective approach to service delivery
Maximising ability; minimising disability
Springboard Opportunity Group is an independent charity based in Chippenham working for children aged 0-5 with a social education al need and/or disability (SEN/D). We are a specialist opportunity group operating as the District Specialist Centre (DSC) for North Wiltshire. We work in partnership with Wiltshire Council
Children attending Springboard need additional support to overcome specific challenges due to developmental delay.
As with all early years settings the children’s learning and development is promoted through play. Children can access independent sessions from aged 2 as part of their funded entitlement. The majority of children also attend mainstream settings.
Springboard works as a centre for the families to provide information, support and help in accessing relevant agencies and professionals. We work closely with our children centre and mainstream partners to ensure the best available support is in place.
Values and Aims
- WE value fun and enjoyment
- WE celebrate all the small steps your children make
- WE value your child as an individual and aim to meet his/her needs to help them maximise their ability
- WE value inclusion for all children and aim to support dual placement between settings wherever possible for their child
- WE value our partnership with parents and carers that enables us to reach the best outcome
- WE value families and aim to support and empower them to make informed choices
- WE value working as a team to meet the needs of each child and their family
- WE value everyone’s contribution of ideas, practical and financial help
- WE value community involvement and support
Children are generally referred to Springboard by a wide range of people such as Health Visitors, Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Paediatricians or local authority Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) workers, parents can also self-refer.