FUNDRAISING TARGET £140K
This financial year we need to raise a staggering £140,000 to meet our shortfall in our funding. We are hoping to raise £60k of this amount through grant applications however this still leaves an ambitious £80k to generate. We have lots of exciting things in the pipeline but we are going to need your help to ensure we can keep providing support to our children and to continue to keep providing our unique service which makes such a difference to the families of Springboard.
So what does the £140,000 pay for?
- Independent sessions- Springboard the Charity funds four, 2.5 hour independent sessions a week, this is on top of the 5 independent sessions that Wiltshire Council funds. Having the extra sessions gives our families a greater choice with regards to the day(s) they can attend and we can also offer much needed additional hours to our families.
- Higher staff ratios to enable staff to provide the support families and children require for care and learning.
- Stay and play session for 0-2’s (Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon groups). No funding is received at all for this service.
- Assessment sessions – In order to reduce waiting list times for new referrals received, Springboard can offer a six week assessment placement for families. After completing an assessment session, a place at Springboard may be offered if appropriate or alternatively additional support can be given to the child’s mainstream setting.
- Saturdads – this is a group for dads, grandads or carers to come along to with their children. The group provides an opportunity for Dad to benefit from attending Springboard, the children are used to a familiar environment and their siblings are welcome to come along too!
- Playdates- are stay and play sessions in the holidays for past and present Springboard children and their families.
- Transport- can sometimes be provided for families without access to a car. This can be by refunding bus fares, using our volunteer driver or taxis.
- Workshops – Springboard deliver Pictures are Powerful (PAP), Introduction to Sign and Makaton beginner’s workshops to parents and settings.What happens if we don’t raise the money?
Without the fundraising and grants in place these additional services could not be provided. In short we would not be able to reach all the children and families that need our help.