Pictures Are Powerful Workshop May 2024
When and where?
This workshop will give you a practical, hands-on introduction to how visual systems help young children learn routines and how to implement PECS to develop children’s functional communication skills.
The aims of this workshop are to:
- discuss the function of symbols and how they support communication
- increase the understanding of how to use Visual Timetables and Picture Cards
- give an overview of the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- demonstrate the implementation of visual systems
- describe how TEACCH is used as a teaching tool in a setting
This is a face to face workshop delivered at Springboard.
Instructions will be sent out by email upon receipt of booking and payment (please check your spam folder)
Facilitators: Simara Kiely and Sarah Martin
Sarah Martin has been trained in the delivery of PECS. Both Sarah and Simara are experienced in supporting young children with special educational needs and disabilities.